REVIEW: Mizuno Wave Neo Ultra Running Shoes
Written By: SportsShoes
Introducing the new Mizuno Wave Neo Ultra, the brand's most cushioned and sustainable running shoe ever.
Offering unprecedented comfort that allows you to get even more enjoyment out of your runs. The Wave Neo Ultra is suited to neutral runners who want a running shoe with ultimate cushioning for a unique floating sensation.
|Weight:||300g mens / 285g womens|
|Most suitable for:||A neutral shoe, designed for eco-conscious runners seeking a maximum stack daily trainer with soft, bouncy cushioning. Ideal for long, easy and recovery runs.|
|Drop:||8mm (higher drop - best for runners who are heelstrikers)|
|Stack height:||Heel: 39mm / Forefoot: 31mm|
|Fit (length):||True to size|
|Features:||Mizuno's most sustainable shoe yet. Featuring a triple combo of MIZUNO ENERZY midsole materials, MIZUNO WAVE foam, recycled PET knit upper and a lightweight G3 outsole.|
The Mizuno Wave Neo Ultra have been designed with our planet in mind and are the most sustainable and environmentally friendly shoes that Mizuno has ever produced! We take a look at the key features and what makes this shoe so special.
- The Wave Neo Ultra contains a triple combination of midsole materials to provide the most cushioning ever.
1. MIZUNO ENERZY: For long lasting cushioning and durability.
2. MIZUNO ENERZY CORE: A highly responsive material that is integrated into the rearfoot and forefoot of the shoe.
3. MIZUNO ENERZY LITE: For incredible lightness and energy return
This is the first time that all three ENERZY materials have featured in just one shoe, therefore providing maximum cushioning and ultimate energy return. It boasts a 293% softer feel whilst providing 56% more energy return than previously used midsole materials.
- This shoe features MIZUNO WAVE foam from heel to toe, which boosts stability without sacrificing cushioning. This new structure combining large and small waves enhances the smooth feeling whilst running.
- The upper of the Wave Neo Ultra is made from a recycled PET knit, an ultra-lightweight material that allows for a high level of breathability and comfort whilst being a better choice for the planet. It offers a secure and comfortable fit and design that moves with your foot throughout the gait cycle for improved comfort and performance. This knitted upper also provides a sock-like fit for additional comfort throughout wear and features durable overlays around the heel and at the laces to ensure added stability as well as a more durable finish. The traditional lacing system anchors the shoe to the foot securely for increased stability and control.
- A lightweight G3 outsole reduces weight and increases traction for a grippy and efficient ride.
- The Wave Neo Ultra is sustainably produced and its environmental impact has been significantly reduced through new technologies. Over 70% of the shoe has been sourced from eco-friendly materials and it is completely carbon neutral from the offset.
- This shoe uses Bloom™, an algae best material for the midsole and sockliner, along with Pebax® Rnew® into parts of the midsole. The process of sourcing Bloom™ cleans water, lessens CO2 emissions, and most importantly, is derived from naturally occurring organic material. Pebax® Rnew® is made from Castor beans and is a plant-based material.
- It features than 90% recycled content on upper body lining textile and more than 90% recycled content on the sockliner lining.
- The shoelaces and TPU badge are both 100% recycled.
- By using an undyed upper material, Mizuno have been able to reduce their use of water by 100% in comparison to standard dying processes.
- For every pair sold, the National Forest Foundation, is planting two trees to guarantee their carbon neutrality. These trees will in turn capture carbon from our atmosphere and will also be an integral part of the ecosystem. So, every time you run in the shoes, you can be confident they are helping the ultimate goal, to protect our planet Earth. Find out more about the National Forest Foundation here
- To verify the research, Mizuno asked DNV to ensure that their numbers are verified. You can view the DNV verification report here
Are you feeling inspired to lace up your running shoes and hit the road? For more advice and inspiration then head over to our Running Hub. Need to get kitted up? Our Running Store has everything you need including Running Shoes, Clothes and Equipment.