FIRST LOOK: HOKA Rocket X 2
Written By: SportsShoes
The Road, Remastered.
A totally new shoe from top to bottom, the HOKA Rocket X has been refined with new geometries, a new upper and brand-new foam.
|Weight:||Women's UK 6: 190g / Men's UK 9: 236g|
|Stack height:||36mm (Heel) / 31mm (Forefoot)|
|Most suitable for:||Road racing. A fast, super-responsive shoe.|
|Key features:||PROFLY™-X CONSTRUCTION which provides cushioned landings and propulsive toe-offs, a carbon-fibre plate for enhanced propulsion and PEBA midsole foam for higher rebound performance.|
The ultimate road racing shoe, designed to take you further in pinnacle competitions, the Rocket X 2 is the newest addition to the Rocket family. World Athletic approved, the Rocket X 2 has been amplified with a hyper-focused on construction for the best possible ride.
HOKA have remastered the geometry of their propulsive carbon fibre plate, sandwiching it between two layers of a brand-new, ultra-responsive, high-performance foam. Employing a technical synthetic mesh upper for a foot-hugging fit, this front-of-the-pack shoe enlists a sleek gusset and internal midfoot cage for race-ready lockdown.
SO WHAT’S NEW?
- A low-profile cushion bed that keeps your foot closer to the ground, and utilizes a firmer material designed to provide an efficient push-off.
- Featuring a symmetrical bed of cushion without additional prescriptive technologies. Designed to provide the support you want and nothing you don't.
- New PEBA foam with increased stack height compared to the Rocket X, for a more cushioned, responsive ride.
- Spoon-shaped carbon fibre plate has been remastered for enhanced propulsion.
- Lighter, more supportive upper.
- World Athletics approved.
- Vegan friendly.
- TECHNICAL SYNTHETIC MESH UPPER: Delivers a foot-hugging fit.
- INTERNAL MID-FOOT CAGE: Delivers lightweight, foot-hugging comfort.
- PROFLY™-X CONSTRUCTION: Provides cushioned landings and propulsive toe-offs.
- CARBON FIBRE PLATE: Designed to deliver enhanced propulsion.
- PEBA MIDSOLE FOAM: In material testing PEBA foam exhibits a higher rebound performance that the Carbon X foam and Rocket X foam.
- ZONAL RUBBER PLACEMENT: For weight savings.